Monday, November 17, 2014

Inertia Investigation

1st instance in my day when I saw inertia was when I got home today. I noticed that my kitchen table never moves. Its natural tendency is to remain at rest.

2nd instance in my day when I saw inertia was when the fan in the living room was on and there were balloons in the living room. There were 4 balloons in total. 3 of the 4 balloons were moving. For some reason, just 1 balloon stayed still while the others were moving.

3rd instance in my day when I saw inertia was when I got home the other day and noticed my little nephews soccer ball on the floor. It was lying completely still on the floor. I don't know why but I wanted to kick it so I did. It rolled from the living room to the kitchen at a constant speed. It stopped once it hit the back porch door.

1 comment: