Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Insulators & Conductors

Today, i came in contact with water. Water is a conductor. Water allows electrons to flow freely. Water does not restrict them to move wherever they want too. I also came in contact with glass. Glass is the opposite of a conductor. It is an insulator. An insulator DOES NOT allow electrons to flow freely. They just sit there. I knew water was a conductor because it was easy to move. What i mean by that is that the electrons in the water can be moved easily. Say if i were to put my hand under the water faucet. My hand caused the water to move a differet direction then it was supposed to. I knew glass was an insulator because when i poured water into the glass, the glass caused the water not to move anywhere else but stay still inside the cup.

1 comment:

  1. Water isn't a very good conductor....but usually water contains so many other things (dirt, metals, etc) that it will conduct! 3/3

    ReplyDelete